2018 SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
1. CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM: Awarded to a full or part-time employee of a public works agency who is currently registered for or recently attended formal training to enhance their professional development for public works employment or advancement opportunities. Examples of training include (but not limited to): heavy equipment certification; APWA Emerging Leaders Academy; Florida Water and Pollution Control Operators Association courses; CDL; and entry level college courses that pertain to the Public Works field. Up to $1000 Award.
2. PUBLIC WORKS ACADEMY PROGRAM: Awarded to an individual who is currently enrolled or has recently attended a Public Works Academy program to enhance their personal and professional development for public works employment opportunities or advancement. Up to $500 Award
3. PUBLIC WORKS INSTITUTE PROGRAM: Awarded to an individual who is currently enrolled or has recently attended the Florida Public Works Institute program to enhance their personal and professional development for public works employment opportunities or advancement. Up to $500 Award
4. UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAM: Awarded to a college student who is currently enrolled and has earned at least 60 credit hours through enrollment at an accredited college or university, seeking a Bachelor Degree in a government related or public works related field. Up to $1000 Award.
5. GRADUATE PROGRAM: Awarded to a person who is currently enrolled and pursuing an advanced degree in Public Works Engineering, Public Administration or other public works related field at an accredited college or university. Up to $1,000 Award
A. Obtain an application in any of the following ways:
B. Complete the application. Include all requested information. Incomplete applications, applications that do not include the requested documents and information, and applications not received by the submittal deadline will not be considered for award.
C. All applicants must provide a personal statement that addresses the following questions. (Personal statements should not exceed two pages in fonts no smaller than 10pt, double space).
D. Return the application via email with the application and scanned documentation attached, to the Florida Chapter Scholarship Committee Chairperson:
Or scholarship may be submitted in hard copy format to:
Brad Kaine, Scholarship Chair
F. Scholarships are awarded for one year only. Applicants must apply for award each year. The actual number of scholarships awarded each year is contingent upon available Chapter funds.
G. The total number of scholarships and amount awarded in each category may vary each year.
H. The Scholarship Chairperson shall conduct the presentation of the scholarship award at the Florida Chapter Expo Awards and Scholarship Banquet held Thursday, April 19th, 2018 in at Prime Osborn Convention Center Jacksonville, Florida. Scholarship recipients are required to attend this meeting to receive the award, unless absence is approved by the Scholarship Committee.